Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tim Cartmell Interview

Here’s a link to an interview with one of my favourite martial artists Tim Cartmell by Budo videos;

Please accept my apologies for my languid approach in bringing this to your attention. It’s been around for a while and although I saw (and enjoyed) it when it first appeared I failed to bring it to the attention of my readers here at that time.

A still taken from the interview
The interview covers his passion for & approach to, both Chinese martial arts and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Of the many nuggets worth mining in this half hour of screen-time I particularly enjoyed the insights into modern martial arts training by a long standing teacher of traditional arts.

Here’s a link to an overview on Tim Cartmell’s background in martial arts (c.1998);

…and his more recent Brazilian Jiu Jitsu history (which is also very impressive) you can catch a very short overview of, at the website for his current teaching position (at ACE Jiu Jitsu) here;

Taken from a series called ‘Rolled up’ the video does have an emphasis on his Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (including some clips on technique instruction), however I wanted to post this because I sincerely felt it worth the time of those training the Chinese martial arts as well.

I hope you enjoy.

No comments: